Tuesday 2 March 2010

Time to open your pocket books: 100 stories for Haiti

I'm not the best at being positive. It's very obvious that there's a lot more negativity in this blog than there is positive. That's probably because I find it easier to get angry about something than I do to be happy about something. Does this mean there'll be less negativity in here? Probably not. But it's time for a little change.

On Thursday I want you to pony up £15.

That'll be something positive.

Why?

That's a little more complicated.

In January, I like many people, felt I had to do something to help Haiti. But I was broke. I couldn't really do anything. Then I saw a post on the Huffington Post about a book being planned: 100 stories for Haiti. So I clicked the link and followed through. It turned out they were still accepting submissions.

I knew what I could do.

In three days, I put together a story. Five hundred words. I got a few quick looks from some friends and I sent it in on the deadline.

Cycle on a few weeks.

It got accepted.

Come Thursday, it's being published.

You can find the the website here.

I could say a lot of things here, but I'll just say this: Buy it.

Haiti still needs a lot of help. Rebuilding is going to take a long time and cost a lot of money. This is one way you can help.

It costs slightly less than £15 pounds (including p&p). That's not a lot, but it can go a long way.

Thank you.

PS: All proceeds are going to the British Red Cross. Any surplus funds beyond that which can be reasonably be spent will be added to the Red Cross' Disaster Fund.

Edit: I've just found out you can now buy 100 stories for Haiti on Amazon, so add it to your next order.

No comments:

Post a Comment